Below, you will see some recent representative publications from our funded projects. We are also collaborators on several papers, through our work in Genetics Services. If you are bored and want to view a more comprehensive list of all these collaborative papers, please do so in Pubmed.
1. Validation of multiplex PCR sequencing assay of SIV. Virol J.2021 Jan 15;18(1):21.
Pre-existing Simian Immunodeficiency Virus Infection Increases Expression of T Cell Markers Associated with Activation during Early Mycobacterium tuberculosis Coinfection and Impairs TNF Responses in Granulomas. J Immunol. 2021 Jun 18;.
3. MAIT cells are functionally impaired in a Mauritian cynomolgus macaque model of SIV and Mtb co-infection. PLoS Pathog. 2020 May;16(5):e1008585
4. Sutton, MS, Ellis-Connell, A, Balgeman, AJ, Barry, G, Weiler, AM, Hetzel, SJ, Zhou, Y, Lau-Kilby, AW, Mason, RD, Biris, KK, Mascola, JR, Sullivan, NJ, Roederer, M, Friedrich, TC, and O’Connor, SL. CD8b depletion does not prevent control of viral replication or protection from challenge in macaques chronically infected with a live attenuated Simian Immunodeficiency Virus. (2019) Journal of Virology. 93(15):.
5. Rodgers MA, Ameel C, Ellis-Connell AL, Balgeman AJ, Maiello P, Barry GL, Friedrich TC, Klein E, O’Connor SL, Scanga CA. Preexisting Simian Immunodeficiency Virus Infection Increases Susceptibility to Tuberculosis in Mauritian Cynomolgus Macaques. (2018) Infection and Immunity. 86(12): e00565-18.
6. Ellis-Connell AL, Balgeman AJ, Zarbock KR, Barry G, Weiler A, Egan JO, Jeng EK, Friedrich T, Miller JS, Haase AT, Schacker TW, Wong HC, Rakasz E, O’Connor SL. ALT-803 transiently reduces SIV replication in the absence of antiretroviral treatment. (2018) J Virol. 92: e10748.
7. Sutton, MS, Moriarty, RV., Ellis, A., Balgeman, A., Gellerup, D., Barry, G., Weiler, TC., and O’Connor, SL. Acute-phase CD4+ T cell responses targeting conserved viral regions are associated with control of live-attenuated simian immunodeficiency virus. (2018) J Virol. 92(21): e00830-18.